CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
To partner with parents to care for and teach Biblical truths to children age Nursery through 3rd grade.
To see children cared for and loved and promote a Biblical foundation for families to build on outside of church.
Suggested Spiritual Gifts
• To provide a Godly, fun, positive, and safe learning environment for children.
• Promote and direct ministries for children Pre-K (2-4 yrs.) and K-3rd (5-8 yrs.).
• Oversee Nursery leaders/helpers
• Organize and coordinate Sunday School for each age group
• Organize and coordinate Vacation Bible School/Equivalent (Eagle Lake Day Camp 2023).
• Organize and direct child-oriented holiday activities (Palm Sunday, Easter, Christmas, etc.).
• Oversee volunteer(s) who prepare/supply worship “Busy Bags” for children 1st-3rd grade and 4th-6th grade to have during worship services (stock bags with various age-appropriate activities/handouts).
• Plan/Prepare crafts/curriculum for teachers and provide teachers with supplies.
• Make prayer within the classrooms a high priority!
• Recruit, manage, and schedule a team of volunteers for Children's Ministry.
• Oversee registration procedure using Planning Center Online.
• Keep in touch with CCC families and follow-up with visiting families.
• Develop a discipline plan for each age group.
• Resource parents with good parenting information.
• Member or pursue membership of Canyons Community Church
• Experience with children in a ministry setting with references
• Growing personal relationship with Christ
• Experience Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Planning Center Online experience a plus
Up to 13 hours per week (open to expanding hours based on ministry needs)
SEND RESUMES TO INFO@CANYONSCC.ORG (SUBJECT: CMC POSITION)